Event Page Overview
The Events v2 feature is a robust option for event promotion. An upgrade to the original Events feature, this improved option adds user engagement and social media integration, plus importing options and advanced recurring event customization.
Great for these industries:
- Bars & Nightclubs
- Draw attention to upcoming events your business is participating in or hosting.
- Sell advertising space for other businesses/events in your area by including them in your listings.
Set up the Events Feature
- Click ADD FEATURE.
- Choose the Events v2 feature from the menu, then click SELECT.
- Name your feature, then click ADD. Your new feature will now appear in the left-side menu.
- Click on the feature to expand its menu. From the left-side list, you can:
Rename the Feature, Adjust the Settings, and Add Events
- Use the checkbox to delete the feature.
- Click and drag the arrow icon to rearrange.
- Edit the feature icon by clicking it, then selecting a new image from the fly-up menu.
- Toggle on/off the feature.
- Jump to a specific section (i.e., Content or Custom Design) to adjust the feature settings.
- Under Screen Info, change your Screen/Feature Name or leave as-is. This name will appear in the app's feature menu (e.g., "Tour Dates" as opposed to "Events v2").
- Under Settings, check the box to enable specific options.
- Auto Deactivate: Your events will deactivate (stop appearing in the app) automatically two weeks from their start date.
- Populate Recurring Events: Select the number of weeks you would like in advance for recurring events to generate and appear within the app.
Google: Log into your Google account to import events directly from GCal.
Google Calendar will automatically sync once imported.
Eventbrite: Log into your Eventbrite account to import events directly from Eventbrite. Only events created by this account will successfully import.
New events added to Eventbrite will need to be re-imported.
Click NEXT once you have selected your import option. Once importing is complete, you will see a full list of available events. Select the ones you would like to add to your feature, then click IMPORT. You will be taken back to the full list, where you can import more or click DONE to return to the dashboard. Make sure you review all imported events and complete their content.
Click ADD SINGLE EVENT or ADD RECURRING EVENT. Complete the fields below, then click ADD. Repeat this process for each event.
Single Events: Use this option for one-time events or those that do not recur.
Mobile Header Image: Upload or select a mobile header image (750x400 pixels in PNG format) for the event.
Tablet Header Image: Upload or select a tablet header image (1536x636 pixels in PNG format) for the event.
Time Zone: Enable to use the Global Time Zone located in your Settings area instead of a custom time zone. When disabled, use the drop-down menu to select the appropriate time zone.
Event Start & End Date/Time: Use the two fields to select the start & end times (in 24-hour format) for your event. The time format users see within the app will depend on their device settings.
Event Name: Give your event a name.
Description: Use the WYSIWYG editor to customize the event's description.
Photo Sharing: Chose whether you wish to allow users to post photos within the comments feed.
Attendees: Chose whether you wish to allow your users to signify that they will be attending the events.
Imported Location: Enable the use of a location from the Contact feature. When disabled, use the Custom Location Name section to input the address.
Address Section 1 & Address Section 2 (requires Hazel or later): Use these fields to name the location whatever you would like (e.g., "Mission Location" & "San Francisco"). They will serve as the top & bottom lines of the location name.
Address: Search for the address in the “Enter a query” field or enter the coordinates in the Latitude/Longitude fields below. When you use the coordinates option, Google Maps will pull the nearest address.
Once you have added events, you can do several things within the Events section:
View Single Events or Recurring Events only.
Edit events by clicking the icon to their right.
Delete a specific event by checking its box then clicking the trash icon.
Delete all events by checking the Select All box then clicking the trash icon.
Click SAVE at the top right when you are done.
If you would like to create a custom design for this feature instead of using the Global Design, you will do so here. Skip over this section if not.
Comments: User comments will appear here with the date, username, and comment text.
Attendees: Attendees will appear here with the date and username. You can check the box to the left of an attendee then click the trash can icon to remove them.